benefitting local nonprofit Urban Roots
On Saturday, August 1 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. you can get a chance to experience mouthwatering bites from some of Austin’s favorite restaurants in the 2ND Street District, including Finn & Porter, Bribery Bakery, Bob’s Steak & Chop House and many more. Additionally, there will be palate-pleasing pairings from Texas wineries and breweries, including Spicewood Vineyards, Hilmy Cellars, Karbach Brewing Co.
In addition to the party, there will also be an unveiling of public art that will be on display over the next year in the 2ND Street District. This year’s mural is a collaborative piece by two artists: Casey O’Connell, whose work has appeared in The New York Times and The San Francisco Chronicle, and Don Pendleton, who created the graphic used on the cover of Pearl Jam’s recent album Lightning Bolt. Guests are also encouraged to stop by the many in-store events and raffles at boutiques and shops in the 2ND Street District for a chance to win incredible prizes throughout the district where no purchased tickets are necessary.
Following the block party, there will be an official VIP after-party at The Bonneville from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The after-party will feature sweets, champagne punch, and much more. VIP tickets are $50, which includes access to the block party and after-party.
LOCATION: 2ND Street District
Block of 3rd Street between Lavaca and Colorado
Austin, Texas 78701
Mural will be located off Guadalupe between 2nd and 3rd Streets
TICKETS: For purchase online at www.2ndstreetdistrict.com/whitelinen
$30 for block party admission
$50 for VIP tickets that includes access to block party and VIP after-party at The Bonneville
MORE ABOUT URBAN ROOTS:
Urban Roots uses food and farming to transform the lives of young people and inspire, engage, and nourish the community. Founded in 2007 as a program of YouthLaunch, Urban Roots has transitioned to become an independent non-profit agency in the fall of 2011.
Urban Roots provides paid internships to Austin youth, age 14-17, to work on our 3.5 acre urban sustainable farm in East Austin. Each year, we have a goal of growing 30,000 pounds of produce with the Urban Roots community of youth, community volunteers, and staff. We donate 40% of our harvest to local soup kitchens and food pantries and sell the other 60% at farmers’ markets, through our Community Supported Agriculture Program, and wholesale.