Crash the Coast Film Festival Now Taking Film Submissions
Corpus Christi’s new short film festival planned for May 2012
Corpus Christi, TX – January 19, 2012 – The Corpus Christi Film Society (CCFS) is now accepting submissions of short films for its Crash the Coast Film Festival planned for May 2012. Crash the Coast Film Festival will feature a competitive element, screenings at multiple venues, filmmaking seminars and exciting after-parties. The centerpiece in this first year will be the competition for a cash-prize award open to film submissions from across the country.
The festival will take place May 10-13, 2012. Screening locations and more details will be released as the submission dates draw near.
· Running time of 30 minutes or less including all credits
· Narrative, any genre, non-narrative or documentary
· Films submitted must be produced after Jan. 1, 2011
· Films may not have been publicly screened within 100 miles of Corpus Christi, TX
· Visit www.corpuschristifilmsociety.com for more info
Mail DVDs via USPS, FedEx or UPS. See www.corpuschristifilmsociety.com for DVD format. Online submission process begins soon.
· Heidi Hovda
410 SPID, Suite 200
Corpus Christi, TX 78405
· Early Entry postmarked by February 14, 2012: $30
· Regular Entry postmarked by March 10, 2012: $50
· Late Entry Postmarked by March 31, 2012: $75
Crash the Coast Film Festival is the latest event from the Corpus Christi Film Society, a grass roots group of film lovers designed to promote local film events in the Coastal Bend. CCFS’s Corpus Christi 7-Day Film Project has grown every year since its 2007 start and featured 47 films in 2011. CCFS’s goals include creating diverse film events and developing a Film Commission in Corpus Christi.
Learn more about Crash the Coast and the Corpus Christi Film Society at: